Residential Garbage Service
Safe and reliable waste management services for County Waste Orange County NY, southern Ulster County, and southern Sullivan County.
County Waste and Recycling of Montgomery, NY provides residential garbage and recycling services to single-family homes, homeowner associations, and municipalities across the Orange County, southern Ulster and southern Sullivan counties.
County Waste NY strives to provide safe, dependable and cost-effective garbage and recycling collection services to all of our New York customers.
For residents we also offer Residential Roll Off Dumpster Rentals.
Residential Trash Service
New Orange County Waste and southern Ulster County residential customers may request a 35-gallon, 65-gallon or 95-gallon trash cart. The carts provide a safe and secure place for residential waste between pickup dates and the large wheels make it easy to roll carts to and from the end of the driveway.
|Collection Frequency||Weekly, Every Other Week|
|Cart Sizes - GRAY LID
||35, 65 or 95 Gallon|
|Service Area||Service Area Map|
Residential Garbage Carts
35 Gallon Trash Cart
65 Gallon Trash Cart
95 Gallon Trash Cart
County Waste and Recycling strives to assure the complete safety of our customers, our employees and the public in all our operations.
Please contact us if you need additional carts or a larger cart.
5 Steps to Safe & Efficient Collection
- Place only acceptable materials in the trash cart and do not overfill.
- Bag and tie all garbage materials AND close the lid to prevent littering.
- Place the carts at the end of your driveway the night before your collection day.
- Space carts for safe and efficient collection. (see diagram)
- After cart is emptied, remove from driveway.
When you and your neighbors place carts a safe distance from other carts and objects, it allows the auto side load trucks to safely and promptly empty the carts.
Why Cart Spacing Matters
- The 18’ height spacing is needed to reduce overhead hazards like powerlines and trees.
- The 3’ cart spacing is needed to accommodate the auto load system.
- The 5’ distance is needed to safely empty the cart near trees, cars, mailboxes, etc.
When each household consistently follows the 5 Steps to Safe & Efficient Collection everyone benefits with:
- Timely Service
- Cleaner Neighborhoods
For safety, environmental and legal reasons, only place approved non-hazardous, solid wastes out for County Waste & Recycling collection.
Our Waste Wizard, available below and via the County Waste App, make it easy to look up any item for proper handling: trash cart, recycling cart, special bulk pickup or special drop off.
Acceptable Trash Cart Materials
- Cardboard, dirty, greasy or wet
- Clothes, shoes, boots
- Clothes hangers
- Dog or other small pet waste, double bagged
- Food-to-go containers
- Garden hoses
- Household trash, solid waste, non-hazardous
- Paper, soiled, greasy or wet
- Plastic bags, plastic film
- Plastic 6-pack holders
- Styrofoam egg cartons, cups, plates
- Styrofoam packing materials
- Twine, cord, rope, chain
Unacceptable Trash Cart Materials
- Ashes, hot or cold
- Construction materials
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Liquids: fuel, oil, paints, etc.
- Materials too large to close cart lid
- Medical waste, needles, sharps
- Propane tanks
- Yard waste
When residential customers have items too large to fit inside their cart and close the lid, they can request a bulk pickup. A list of common bulk items is listed below. County Waste & Recycling also offers roll off containers for large house, garage or yard cleanout jobs and home remodel and construction projects.
- Call 845-355-4500 or email days in advance to schedule a bulk pickup
- Describe the type and quantity of materials for collection, costs will vary
Acceptable Bulk Pickup Items
- Air Conditioner (Freon removed)
- Barbeque (no propane tanks)
- Carpet & underpadding
- Clothes dryer
- Clothes washer
- Flooring (linoleum)
- Freezer (Freon removed)
- Lawn mower, non-riding (gas and oil removed)
- Mattress / Box Spring
- Refrigerator (Freon removed)
Thank you for taking steps to make residential trash collection safe and efficient for you, your neighborhood and community.